Monday 4 Cyl. Cars, 6 Cyl Cars 110 w.b. or less, Mini Vans, Full Size Trucks, Full Size Vans
Saturday 4 Cyl. Cars, V-8 Cars
Contact John Powell – 814-643-2969
Demo Derby – The demo derby at the Huntingdon County Fair is a tradition that has become one of our most Popular nights. It is not often you can find an empty seat in the grandstand when the cars start crashing. If your
Interested in participating in the events, the rules are below:
DEMO DERBY RULES
A. All drivers must fill out an application before taking part in the event.
B. The track reserves the right to approve or reject any application.
C. Only drivers, owners, mechanics, etc., that sign the insurance release will be permitted in the pit area or the track.
D. Members of the Demolition Derby are not employees of the track, owners or sponsors.
E. Promoter and fair board are not responsible for violations in transporting cars to and from the fairgrounds. All
Vehicles in the pit area are parked at your own risk. Tow vehicles only. DRIVERS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE.
PROOF OF AGE REQUIRED ALL DRIVERS MUST SUPPLY THEIR OWN CAR. WHEN YOU BRING YOUR CAR TO THE TRACK, IT
WILL BE INSPECTED. WHEN THE CAR IS ACCEPTED FOR COMPETITION, IT WILL BE ASSIGNED TO AN ELIMINATION HEAT
AND MUST BE PUT IN LINE FOR THAT HEAT AND REMAIN THERE UNTIL CALLED TO COMPETE – GOOD LUCK
No cars after 6:00 p.m.
**SAFETY AND CAR SPECIFICATIONS**
1. Positively no- Chrysler imperials with full frames, jeeps, trucks, ambulances, 4 wheel drive vehicles, Limos,
Compact cars or 1971 – 76 full sized leaf spring wagons.
2. Any American made hard top automobile.
3. SEAT-BELTS AND SAFETY HELMETS are required. FACE SHIELD OR GOGGLES recommended.
4. Rear seat must be removed completely, also the carpet, inner door panels and head liner. Loose dirt and pieces
must be removed from car.
5. NO PLASTIC TANKS WILL BE ALLOWED! NO MORE THAN 3 GALLONS OF GAS RECOMMENDED. GAS TANK MUST BE MOVED FROM ORIGINAL LOCATION. GAS TANK MUST BE MOUNTED IN FRONT OF REAR AXLE. NO GAS TANKS MOUNTED DIRECTLY BEHIND DRIVER’S SEAT. YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST TWO SECURE TIE DOWNS ON TANK. ALL CAPS, FITTINGS, AND LINES MUST BE LEAK PROOF. NO WIRE ROPE OR SEAT-BELT STRAPS ACCEPTED AS TIE DOWNS. ALL TIE DOWNS MUST BE STEEL! IF GAS IS ACCIDENTALLY SPILLED DURING TANK FILL UP, HOSE OUT AREA WELL. GAS ONLY!
6. No special bumpers or reinforcements will be allowed. Bumpers may be cut. No sharp edges allowed. No welding shocks.
7. All glass including headlights must be removed. WINDSHIELD MAY REMAIN IN OR BE TAKEN OUT. IF TAKEN OUT, HEAVY SCREEN MUST BE IN FRONT OF THE DRIVER.
8. DRIVER’S DOOR AND ONLY DRIVER’S DOOR MAY BE REINFORCED.
9. No special electrical system. Only 12 volt battery to a car. Batteries may be moved. BATTERY TIE DOWNS MUST BE SECURED. No Wire, tape, or seatbelt strapping. ALL TIE DOWNS MUST BE STEEL!
10. All side chrome must be removed. All plastic including plastic grills must be removed.
11. All cars must be numbered on the side and roof – pick your own number and paint it on the car. A metal sign 15” long
by 12” high must be on roof with Numbers on. Be sure numbers show on both sides.
12. Do not paint obscene words on your car.
13. ALL DOORS MUST BE WIRED, STRAPPED, CHAINED OR ONE THREE-INCH WELD PER DOOR.
14. HOODS MUST BE ON CARS. HOOD HINGES MUST BE ON CAR. HOOD AND TRUCK SPRINGS MUST BE REMOVED.
15. No extra hood tie downs. Trunk lids may be tied down with wire or strap. Chains ok. One tie down point.
16. All trailer hitches must be removed.
17. All air conditioning units must be removed.
18. Cooling system must remain under the hood. NO ANTIFREEZE.
19. POSITIVELY NO WATER IN TIRES-NO BOLTING TIRES TO RIM OR FASTENING TIRES TO RIMS IN ANYWAY.
“TIRES MUST BE STREET LEGAL (NO STUDS OR CUT TIRES)”. ALL LUG NUTS WILL BE ON.
20. Do not raise car up. If car is too high, it will not be accepted.
21. SAME CAR THAT YOU USE IN THE HEAT YOU MUST USE IN FEATURE.
22. MAKE OF ENGINE MUST MATCH CAR – EXAMPLE – GM-GM, FORD, MOPAR-MOPAR.
23. All airbags and chargers must be removed.
24. All drivers must wear a neck collar, pants and NO SHORTS.
25. All drivers must wear top of driver’s suit or a long sleeve shirt (ex. sweatshirt, flannel shirt, etc.). No one under 16
Years of age is permitted in the pit area. You may drive forwards or backwards. No deliberate Hitting on the driver’s
Door. Any driver not obeying the rules will be disqualified.
26. No excessive body bending, especially in trunk area & no welding.
27. One bar behind the driver seat from the door post to door post, no higher than ¾ up back of the seat. Max
Diameter is 3”. It must be welded and it must have 4”x 4” plate on each end.
28. Bumper shocks may be welded. Bumper bracket may be welded but must be in the stock location with no
reinforcements, No plates or gussets.
DEMO TRUCK RULES
1. Must be ½ ton or ¾ ton 4×4. Ok with removal of front drive shaft. No 1 tons allowed.
2. Tailgate must be removed.
3. Must run cable or chain in 4 spots thru the bed and around the frame in addition to stock bolts.
4. Fuel tank in the bed must be located in the front center of the bed.
5. No lift kits, max bumper height top 29”
6. Battery moved to cab. (1 only)
7. Can have a plate for mounting gas tank from the frame rack to frame rack, no more than 18” wide and ½” thick.
8. Must have driver’s door reinforced, you may use (2) bars 3” dia. Max.
9. Must have OEM Font and rear bumpers for trucks.
10. Tires are to be stock size for trucks DOT approved.
11. All trucks must have driver’s door painted black with a white X covering from corner to corner of the door.
12. Trucks must also have a 15” x 12” metal sign mounted on the roof with readable numbers on both sides of the sign.
13. Other rules will also apply.
STAY IN THE CAR. DO NOT LEAVE THE CAR. DO NOT TAKE OFF YOUR HELMET OR SEAT-BELT UNTIL THE
HEAT IS COMPLETED UNLESS NOTIFIED BY THE ANNOUNCER. Cars must be repaired when you bring it to the
Track. You cannot prepare it at the track. All cars must be entered one hour before starting time. INJURIES, IF ANY,
NO MATTER HOW SMALL, MUST BE IMMEDIATELY REPORTED TO THE OFFICALS IN CHARGE. “RULES AND REGULATIONS SUBJECT TO CHANGE”. POSITIVELY NO ALCHOLIC BEVERAGES IN PIT AREA. ALL DRIVERS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR PITMAN. IF ANY DRIVER IS CAUGHT WITH ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, DRIVER AND PITMEN WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF THE PITS AT ONCE. All classes – no lights, cans, or ornaments on roof. Mini vans only to be tie down two points on rear hatch. For all classes, stock radiators or closed loop cooling systems, NO TANKS. All decisions are that of the promoter and are final.